The following conditions must be met:
- NJHSA Rules and Specifications must be followed for points to count.
- THREE (3) entries must be awarded ribbons in each class for points to count.
- A competitor must be awarded points at five (5) competitions during the year in any class or division to receive a High Score Award.
- A minimum of THREE (3) classes constitute a division. All three must run for Championship and Reserve Championship Bonus points to count. In Hunter divisions, the three classes must include an Under Saddle class. Additional classes may be added at the discretion of show management.
- The maximum number of classes which may be offered in a section is four if held on one day, five if held on more than one day, including the Under Saddle. A Classic may not count toward the total number of classes offered to create a division, and will not be awarded NJHSA High Score points. Exception: Mini-Stirrup Equitation.
- In Hunter divisions, a horse/pony MUST show in at least one "over fences" class for the under saddle points to count for that horse/pony. Otherwise, all individual classes earn points.
- If a division is offered, but one or more classes are not completed, points will be awarded in classes which are filled or completed. No Champion or Reserve bonus points will be awarded unless three classes (including an Under Saddle class in Hunter divisions) are filled and completed.
- Splitting of divisions is permitted as long as a minimum of three classes are held for each section.
- A competitor must be awarded points at least three (3) times during the year in any class or division to receive a High Score Award.
- Points from USEF-rated classes/divisions (Children’s Hunter, Adult Amateur Hunter, Child / Adult Jumpers, and Gold Medal when run concurrently with USEF or PHA Medal) will not be counted from Unrecognized shows. While Unrecognized (Schooling) shows are free to offer these sections and classes at their shows, NJHSA points will not be accrued from these shows.
- Points will not be counted from other shows run on the same date as the NJHSA Annual Horse Show.
Combination of Classes and Divisions
The following classes and divisions may be combined if there are fewer than three (3) entries in either class or division:
- Short Stirrup Equitation & Beginner Rider Equitation
- Short Stirrup Hunter & Beginner Hunter (Section A)
- Low Children’s Hunter & Low Adult Hunter
- Children’s Hunter & Adult Amateur Hunter
- NJHSA Bronze Medal & NJPHA Children’s Equitation
- Low Adult Medal & M&S 2’6” Child/Adult Medal
- Low Children’s Equitation & Low Adult Equitation, where the Low Adult Equitation spec is the same as Low Children’s Equitation Horse spec
- Adult Medal & M&S 3’ Adult Medal, and M&S combined Child/Adult Medal
- NJHSA Gold Medal & NJPHA Gold Medal
Combination of hunter or jumper divisions with fences of different heights or combination with non-NJHSA divisions is discouraged and may affect the validity of points for those combined sections (ex: Schooling Hunter & Hopeful Hunter (non-NJHSA)). Itty-Bitty Jumper may not be combined with any other Jumper class or division.
Mid-Year Points Reconciliation
The NJHSA Board has enacted a Mid-Year Points Reconciliation deadline. The date of this deadline is determined annually by the NJHSA Board, and is typically around June 15 for points accrued December 1 through May 31. After the mid-year deadline, points for the first half of the show year will be locked and cannot be changed. Any inquiries which are received by the inquiry deadline but cannot be reconciled by the cut-off date will be brought before the NJHSA board. In no case will any inquiry remain open for more than 30 days past the cut-off date.
NJHSA Point Value System
Points will be awarded based on the following table:
Exception: Clear-Round Jumper classes – no points will be counted for clear-round classes. (Effective Dec. 1, 2017)
Champion / Reserve Bonus Points
|Champion Bonus Points:
Reserve Champion Bonus Points:
Please note that points for Championship and Reserve Championship DO NOT change with the number of entries.
For Jumper Divisions, no Champion or Reserve bonus points are awarded. All points are on a per-class basis only.
No bonus points will be awarded for any performance-based Championship class (example: USEF HOTY Pleasure Championship class).
Determining Champion and Reserve Titles
If division show day championship and reserve championship are not reported in the results submitted by show management, they will be determined using the following points table (USEF GR808.6):